Albums of the year 2015: Part one
I usually post my mid-year and end of year album lists on my personal blog but it feels right to post them on Noble and Wild this time round. It’s a bit more music-y over here right now! So, here is part one (the first half) of an eventual Albums of the Year list.
The first six months of 2015 have been pretty great for music, both with big releases and with debuts. Here’s my list of 31 I’ve enjoyed so far (in no particular order) – bring on the rest of the year!
- The Charlatans – Modern Nature. My review on Louder Than War here.
- Kathryn Williams – Hypoxia
- Sara Forslund – Water Became Wild
- Evans the Death – Expect Delays
- Joanna Gruesome – Peanut Butter
- Graw!ix – Good Grief. My review on Louder Than War here.
- Alright the Captain – Contact Fix
- Dan Mangan and Blacksmith – Club Meds
- Menace Beach – Ratworld
- Tigercats – Mysteries
- Noveller – Fantastic Planet
- Twin Rivers – Should the Light Go Out
- Bjork – Vulnicura
- Quarterbacks – Quarterbacks
- R.Stevie Moore – Ariel Pink Picks Vol.3
- Belle and Sebastian – Girls in Peacetime
- Surf City – Jekyll Island
- Blur – The Magic Whip. My review of Blur at Hyde Park on Louder Than War here.
- Charli XCX – Sucker. My review on Louder Than War here.
- Public Service Broadcasting – The Race for Space
- Father John Misty – I Love You, Honeybear
- Idlewild – Collect Yourself
- Wave Pictures – Great Big Flamingo Burning Moon
- Real Estate – Atlas
- Hayden – Hey Love
- The Decemberists – What A Terrible World, What A Beautiful World
- The Twerps – Range Anxiety
- August Actually – The Forever War
- Emma Kupa – Home Cinema
- Desperate Journalist – Desperate Journalist. Read what I said about their video for Hesitate on Louder Than War here.
- Crocodiles – Boys.
Albums I’m already listening to / excited about for the second half of the year are from Mammoth Penguins, Haiku Salut and The Smoking Trees.
I'm a fan of black coffee, the west coast of Scotland, crows, conversations and connections. I'm in love with possibilities.
Latest posts by Sarah Lay (see all)
- Who’s your number one fan? - 16th February 2019
- Workshops on How To Do It All Yourself as an independent musician - 7th February 2019
- How to start planning for your music career in 2019 - 27th December 2018