Pet Crow – A Simple Guide To Small And Medium Pond Life – press coverage
Pet Crow’s debut album A Simple Guide To Small And Medium Pond Life is released on Reckless Yes Records on 24 February 2017. You can buy your copy here.
The press campaign covered online, print and radio as well as online and print advertising.
This is a round-up of coverage for the campaign:
- “Rapturous guitars and so much more going on there” – John Kennedy Radio X show X-Posure
- 7/10 album review in Louder Than War magazine (February issue)
- Charlie Ashcroft Amazing Radio
- “‘Shake it Out’ is a punk-funk classic dragged straight from the noughties indie dancefloor and transported back to a 60s Sonics gig.” – The National Student
- “Sounding like Patti Smith fronting MC5 times ten” – Bearded Magazine
- “fun, frenetic and full of verve “- Upset Magazine
- “Blaring with mind-jarring garage-pop that is infused with no-nonsense riot grrrl sensibilities, the song is anthemic and infectious. It is full of attitude yet there is an undercurrent of innocence.” – The Revue
- “a great mixture of sixties style garage and surf rock, new wave with a smattering of a more optimistic version of post punk in there too and it is all smothered with an infectious pop sensibility coursing right through it” – Circuit Sweet
- “garage rock but the time signatures give it a bit of an arty twist” – LeftLion
- “Tracks such as Pressure Sores, Bazwatch and Let Your Hair Down are straight up garage rock/ riot grrrl anthems. Where as songs such as Shake It Out add a bass and drum driven groove to show a more The Julie Ruin–esq. danceable side to the band.” – Storge
- “A band on the rise and one you will love and adore in no time at all” – Circuit Sweet
- Mention in Loud Women eZine
- “There are elements of a myriad of influences and styles: slacker pop in the mould of Menace Beach, drone rock like Hookworms on closing track Absorbed, ’60’s garage bands like The Zombies, and straight ahead punk straight from 1976.” – Louder Than War online album review
- Album of the Week on Kool Strings
- “Drawling squalling vocals, playful chiming guitar and a rhythm section that is heavy on the cow bell and grooving on the bass lines” – Louder Than War album announcement
- Circuit Sweet album announcement
- Two mentions from Derby local online media storge.co.uk – best Derby releases of 2016 (for EP Pet Soundz) and releases to look forward to in 2017 (for this album) – storge.co.uk
- Advertising in Louder Than War magazine, online with Storge and Louder Than War.
For all press enquiries: email@example.comFind us on social media and get in touch:
I'm a fan of black coffee, the west coast of Scotland, crows, conversations and connections. I'm in love with possibilities.
Latest posts by Sarah Lay (see all)
- 5 ways DIY musicians can save time on tasks - 2nd May 2019
- Should you spend your budget on a music PR or focus on what you can do yourself? - 21st April 2019
- The best way for musicians to reach people online in 2019 - 1st March 2019